Currently you can set a max size attachment for an email on the server. You can do this using configuration settings or even rules (more complex). I have a problem with this. No matter what way you set this, there is nothing stopping a user attaching ANY size attachment to an email and trying to send. This means that:
1. the client stalls attaching the file.
2. The client stalls sending the file
3. Domino server gets hit processing this email
4. Domino server rejects the email
5. attachment still exists in the users mail file
Lets use some sense here. I want the Notes mail file to be able to query the attachment size at the client side, so it is checked to be below the quota BEFORE it is attached, therefore stopping the hit and informing the user that it is too big. OpenNTF mail file already has this feature - the native mail file should aswell