- split table option
- ability to delete rows without having to split merged cells first (JFDI!)
- column widths to be what I want them to be and to stick to it!
- hidden columns
- different properties dialog for tables that stays open (properties enhancements in general as per other ideas) or at least the property selection to stay on Tables rather than switching to Text
- hidden rows that don't hide the bottom border of the row above, or top border of the row below.
- draggable row height (with a vertical ruler!!)
- if a row is inserted into a table with merged vertical cells, then the new row should have a choice of whether to take on the attributes of the row above, and not force to the attributes of the row below.
- new rows to maintain other attributes (text colour, margins etc)
also these ideas...
I'm sure there are many more table gripes that I can't think of right now or that you will add as comments!